Friday, September 12, 2008

"Since then it's been a book you read in reverse...

...So you understand less as the pages turn. Or a movie so crass and awkwardly cast that even I could be the star."

Today was pretty good, even though I wasn't home at all. Pictures at the park were interesting enough, especially cause Mom and I showed up at the wrong park first... anyway, I hope my picture'll be ok... last years' was wretched... for some reason they had some of the kids say "wednesday" right as the camera clicked. But they didn't make me do it. Not sure if that was a good sign or a bad one.

Anyway, after that I went to Sharkie's and then Barnes and Noble with Amelia, James and John. We just kind of hung around, and Amelia and I took turns reading "Twilight" to each other... I've been curious about that book (and movies/tv series?) since I got on Facebook. The "pieces of flair" application is rampant with Edward Cullen one liners. Even though the book was poorly written, it was intriguing - mostly, I think, because of the many thousands of teenagers who are completely obsessed with it. There must be a reason for it... but then, I think of how popular Miley Cyrus is, and I check myself.

At 3:30 Mom came and picked me up and took me off to Michelle's. I babysat Marley and Savanna for like 3 hours... I love those kids so much but I wasn't really looking forward to it. I had this huge headache by the time I left Barnes and Noble and my cheeks kind of hurt from smiling... but we had fun. Marley's gotten into this thing where her answer for everything is "umm, ok!" That, and she calls me "U-ya", which is definitely a way to win my heart over. At least, for a 2 year old. If anyone older than that called me "U-ya", I wouldn't be so impressed. I don't think.

In any case, I got $30, which was way cool.

Ok, remember like last week when I couldn't think of my happiest memory? It happened again today, only with my most embarrassing one. Either I'm too cool to be embarrassed (HAH), or I've just become so used to it that I don't notice it as much. I think it's the latter, but I can't be quite sure. Time will tell, I guess.

Well, we're having a garage sale tomorrow (oh joy) and I guess I'd better go do something to make myself useful in preparing for it. And I still have an ungodly amount of biology and history to do.... sigh.

No comments: