Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"I wanna talk tonight, until the morning light."

Sittin' on my own
Chewin' on a bone
A thousand million
Miles from home
When Something hit me
Somewhere right between the eyes

Sleepin' on a plane
You know you can't complain
You took your last chance
Once again
I landed, stranded
Hardly even knew your name

I wanna talk tonight
Until the mornin' light
'Bout how you saved my life
You and me see how we are
You and me see how we are

All your dreams are made
Of Strawberry lemonade
And you make sure
I eat today
You take me walking
To where you played
When you were young

I'll never say that I
Won't ever make you cry
And this I'll say
I don't know why
I know I'm leavin'
But I'll be back another day

I wanna talk tonight
Until the mornin' light
'Bout how you saved my life
I wanna talk tonight

-Oasis, "Talk Tonight"


Man I love that song... and something about it seems fitting for tonight, but I'm not really sure why. Or who I want to talk to. I think I just need to talk. Amelia thinks fate has it out for us "insync" because we're both having sucky weeks... I think I agree. I think it would be fixed if she were around, but she's not... and it's kinda hard to get over there at this time. Especially without a car. Or bicycle. Not that I'd ride a bicycle anyways, because I hate those, no matter what Dad says or how many alps he went over on his.

No surprises, karma police, please.

Anyways. I'm not ready for another day tomorrow. I wish tonight would just last realllllly long, so I'd have time to recover from things, and stay up all night writing. And drinking coffee, or something... but coffee's given me a weird feeling today. In any case, doesn't that sound nice? Listening to Radiohead and Oasis' sad songs and just writing until the world gets tired of spinning and goes off on a vacation somewhere else. Then we'd all go across the universe and pretty much be nowhere men and women, to be perfectly politically correct. Or until the sun came up and turned out to be a strawberry. And all the little bursts of light would be those strawberry creme things... what are those called?

No alarms. Not even a jest.

I'm just getting tired of things the way they are. And I'm tired of thinking, which is why the only person I'm making sense to is me. Except not really... it's just kind of a comforting thought though. But all anybody knows is you're not like them, or so says Eliot Smith. But look where he ended up...

Anyway. I think the world would be better off if we all just..... wore glasses with purple tape across them. We wouldn't have to look at each other, but at least we wouldn't be looking at nothing...

I'm of the belief that when one starts hallucinating about purple tape, it is time to shut one's mind down. That and Amelia just told me some very possibly distressing news. But I don't know yet. Whyfor? I don't know a lot of things. Mostly today... I'm getting that feeling today.

1 comment:

D said...

You write with such passion... Thank you....