Sunday, September 28, 2008

"I'm okay, I'm alright, though you have gone from my life,

You said that it would, now everything should, be alright."

Okay. You. Go listen to "If I ever leave this world alive" by Flogging Molly. Now.

In the meantime...

Random facts. The successful journal entry with all else eludes brainpower.


  • I get wayyyy too emotional about music. My mood morphs into whatever I’m listening to, and sometimes it gets dangerous.
  • I have a lot of inane fears, but the biggest one is definitely my fear of bugs. Spiders, mainly. But seriously, if there’s an insect anywhere near, you can count on me running from the room forthwith.
  • I have an unhealthy obsession with all things Irish. Music... movies... accents... guys... guys with accents....
  • I really do think I’d do better in life if I had been born in the early 1920’s.
  • No matter how hard I try not to, I always always end up falling in love with the murderous villains in movies. And I've successfully succeeded in making my friends and family worry about me.
  • I have weird food quirks. I love meat – and yet, I will NOT eat chicken off a bone. And eggs. I like eggs well enough, but there’s always been this dread in the back of my mind that one day I’ll crack the thing over the pan and it will come to life and chirp at me.
  • Sometimes I feel like Harold in “stranger than fiction.” I mean this in the way that no matter what’s going on, there’s always a voice in my head narrating it, or finding interesting ways to phrase what’s being said... etc. This is sometimes annoying, but it comes in handy for when I want to write things down.
  • I love plants and flowers and all things green. For some reason, though, my thumb does not share in this revelry. That is precisely the reason that, though my room is nearly a greenhouse, most of the plants therein are fake.
  • A while ago I was convinced that I had OCD. Until I realized, that it’s only about my room. All of hell could break loose everywhere else and I wouldn’t care. But if one single picture frame in my room is tilted the wrong way, I can’t rest until it’s exactly right.
  • I will not go into a bathroom without checking behind the shower curtains first.
  • If you put a bag of potato chips and a bowl of onion dip in front of me, I WILL eat all of it.

No comments: