Sunday, September 21, 2008

"But to and fro in my dreams I go..."

...And I'd kneel and pray for you. For slavery fled, O glorious dead, When you fell in the foggy dew."

Sigh. Sinead O'Connor really does have one of the most beautiful voices... that, and Irish music just sounds beautiful to me anyways.

Last night Jon and I FINALLY watched "The Wind that Shakes the Barley". And boy. If something was to dampen my obsession with Ireland, that was definitely not it. Probably one of the most depressing movies I've seen... but oh. SO good. And pf, well, Cillian Murphy is just great anyway. I actually was in tears during one part. And of course the end. Oh. ... Funny thing is, that movie probably wouldn't have effected me so much if I weren't Irish. I mean yeah, it was really well done and all. It's just always seemed like being Irish is more than just being part of an ethnicity... you feel things more, when they have to do with Ireland and such. I think that no matter how much of something else you might have in your blood, if there's Irish in it, the Irish part will take over. It's just the way it goes.

And an entire half of me IS Irish. So hah.

Anywhooo. Well it's Sunday afternoon, and I'm quite bored... I should be doing something, like homework, or writing even... but I'm sick, I have been since Friday night, and it's hard to do things that take thinking when you're sick. Darned unpleasant.

I didn't even end up going to the funeral yesterday, because I was sick, which made me kind of sad. I mean yeah, I wasn't looking forward to it. But I knew I should and I wasn't gonna put up a fuss. In fact I still wish I had gone, because apparently it was "beautiful" and moving and that. And, I had to stay home along all day. That was kind of a bummer.

Kate's working at a wedding and Jon's hanging out with friends... so I'm kind of bored. You know, I think the name Regan would be pretty sweet for a girl. It would probably sound even cooler with an Irish accent. Speaking of Irish girl names, the name Sinead looks pretty ugly if you don't know how it's said. But it's pronounced more like "Shi-NADE" and I think it's pretty beautiful. I wish I had an Irish accent... everything sounds much cooler that way. Americans just sound so dumb when you think about it. Which is really unpatriotic of me, sorry...

Anyway. What's there to be done? My mind's not working, I can barely talk because my stinking throat hurts, and... I haven't even had coffee in 2 days. Helppp....

"Wipe that golden tear from your mother dear, and raise what's left of the flag for me."

Maybe I'll draw. Nope... headache. Hmm.... what do sick people do for fun? I shall have to explore this.

No comments: