Thursday, November 20, 2008

"You stole my soul and that's a pain I could do without."

Whew, I haven't been on in a while... I hate that, because then I have to write a lot to catch up. Blah. I think first and foremost, I should tell about Luke's visit.

That visit was exactly what I needed. The little bugger remembered everything we taught him - blowing kisses, high fives, the words "car" and "cat", and that weird little thing he did with his hands when he was confused... oh. He is still SO cute. Luke always did laugh when playing with Dad the most... and that was true this time. But, no matter what was going on, Luke always kept his eye on me and smiled. Occasionally he would come over and sit on my feet. It was all really bitter sweet... knowing that he still knows me, but knowing that I probably won't see him again for a long time. Any way, he's doing well, and that's the main thing.

Let's see.... this week has been crazy, for starters... yesterday I was nearly driven insane with the amount of school I had. Somehow today though, I felt incredibly triumphant. I've felt energetic since gym, when I ranked "high" on the national test for how many sit-ups (and later push-ups) you can do in one minute.

38. For both.

And when my partner only got into the 20's, I thought that was pretty darn good. After that, I felt like I could take on anything. I still do. Which is why, even though tomorrow is a stinking GS day, I know I can take it.

This week I've proved to myself that I CAN. And I WILL. So hah to you, mr. depression and stress. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Anyway, after GS I'm going over to Amelia's to help out with her little sister's birthday party. I think that'll be fun. OHHH but more exciting than even that, Saturday is Jon's play!! We'll be going to that, and then spending the night at Beth's house... we get back Sunday, then Monday is more school (blech), and TUESDAY.... JON'S COMING HOME! I'm so excited.

Laura didn't know I had blue eyes. And how many years have I known her? Like, all my life? that was sad... as Steven said, "that's just something everyone knows." haha.

It's late, and I have a long day tomorrow... I just feel pumped for some reason. It's this lofty, triumphant feeling I've got. All these silly things and all these silly people trying to bring me down... they fail. Miserably. I feel like I could run around the block. 500,002 times.

I've also decided I want to learn Russian, but then I decided it was too hard. So I've been looking up phonetically spelled phrases in Russian. I now know how to say "wonderful", "crazy", "I love you", and "damnation". That's right. I can compliment and curse you in Russian at the drop of a hat.

I've realized something: the world would be a much better place if fortune cookies had Russian phrases instead of Chinese. Like, who even reads those Chinese phrases? They're all the same, and they're all silly. Now, Russian fortune cookies - those could be really useful. Think of it, from a simple cookie, you too could learn the magical words: "The comrade is very attractive." How about, "Your stacking doll collection impresses me."? The possibilities are endless. Not only would it be more helpful and educational, but it also sounds much cooler. The world would be a happy place.

Well... now it is 11. So I shall say goodnight. Or, доброй ночи.
Haha... what a nerdy American...

No comments: