Friday, November 7, 2008

"Loud and clear I make my point my dear."

So the election. Well... we all know how that turned out. Gayness.

Anyway. GS was today... it was bearable, I suppose. Only, today I did an experiment. I sat back and observed, because I've been feeling like something just isn't right anymore... and I realized what it was. People talk so much and so loud, but when you stop and listen... they're not really saying anything. Or if they are, it's all just the same words, repeated over and over again. And this put me in a very bad temper.

Until I got home and had actual coffee for the first time in days. Our machine hates us recently. Maybe Dad just can't make coffee anymore. Anyway, today I watched him and made sure he did it right, and presto - good old fashioned strong coffee. Mhm.

Let's see. Katrina's coming soon to spend the night. That should be fun. I miss Jon a ton. I dislike the subject of history very much. I also hate dry winds.

Recently I've been drawing a ton. Tuesday night we watched 'The Godfather', and I thought that Al Pacino (Michael, mainly) was amazing. So I drew him. And since I saw "Wait Until Dark", I've been realizing more and more that Alan Arkin is amazing. So I drew him today. And I must say... I'm pretty darn well pleased with myself.

There's good ol' Michael. The nose is a bit small I know... but it would take too much work to fix it and I'm lazy.

And my personal favorite....

I am so a fan. You know these are practically my first portraits of guys? Aside from one of James Dean a long time ago. I always draw myself or other girls, because I'm more familiar with the shape of girls and whatnot... but yeah. Coming from a family who is very artistic but can hardly draw people other than stick-figures or cartoons, I'd say this is pretty good.

No comments: