Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"It is raining, let's forget our umbrellas..."

"And go dancing in the rain."

That song makes me supremely happy. Why? Oh, right. Because Amelia and I wrote it. And you'll never know how it goes, or at least until it plays on the radio someday. So hah.

I am so so so so so happy. It's RAINING. Jon's HOME. There's no more vc until TUESDAY.

It was drizzling right about the time we got out of art, and on the way to the chip room I told Laura and Amelia to stop and listen. Rain on autumn leaves is about the most beautiful sound in the world.

Dad came to pick me up at 5 and Jon was home by the time we got back. Now dinner's on the way and everything feels right. I'm excited that Thanksgiving's coming up - food! And B, good luck with dinner :) No pressure or anything.

And yes, I'm super excited to see you and Jesse too. :D

On the more down side of today, Amelia's having troubles with people and when she's down, I get down too. Most of the time I can think of some piece of advice to give people when they're depressed. Funny, then, that when it's something I actually understand... I can't relate. I probably used to be able to. Recently I've arrived in this weird place of "not caring". I mean I love people. But if I feel like someone is just being mean and trying to bring me down with pettiness and silliness, I just say "okay," and walk away. Some people, I've learned, are just not worth the aggravation.

This idea works for me - but Amelia's more sweet and outgoing than that, and I don't think it would work for her. Or, she doesn't want it to work for her. Either way, it's a toughie.

Anyway...
Mr. Suttle just called about a half hour ago, just for the purpose of asking if I was happy that it was raining. I told him "yes" was an understatement.

I don't know what it is about rain... there's just always been something beautiful about it to me. Most of my happy memories take place in the rain, or during the rain, or something like that. I've just always associated it with happiness... I think I always will.

That, and hot coffee, soft socks, and a good fuzzy blanket.

Speaking of coffee, I bought two cups at different times and spent 3 bucks today. Shameful, I know. But hey. I think I deserve it. Finals are in a few weeks and I'm not near ready... and even with that, I haven't let stress get to me. At least, not yet...

Well. Dinner's ready and Jon's getting out of his shower. So I'm gonna go. Tonight - Dancing with the Stars finale, coffee, and maybe a Bond movie after!

*sigh* Sometimes life's pretty grand.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Life is grand.
Wish me luck, I'm going after the turkey!

(You know, it still had a few feathers on? I just about gagged)

Laura Allyson said...

Now I feel REALLY inspired to eat it...
*gag*