Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"Tous les oiseaux du point du jour chantent l'amour."

That's what the Yahoo Translator said it was, anyway...

Just taking a break from school... wednesday's drive me crazy. There's always too much to do. I've got two tests tomorrow and I'm not really feeling up to any of it, kickboxing especially. My knee still is agonizingly painful at times... and lately my brain has just been dead. Not enough sleep or something... sleep - huh. I think that's what they call it, anyway.....

Something happy. On Monday we got "The Russians are Coming! The Russians are Coming!" (most annoying title to write) from the library. I never knew that was Alan Arkin! Insane. He's so great. And that movie... absolutely hilarious. That is precisely why, that night, Kate and I wrote our first fan mail. I wonder if he gets much. He should at any rate. Though, the less fan mail, the more of a chance that he'll see ours. I doubt he'll write back, but how cool would that be if he did? It'd pretty much make my year. And definitely give me bragging rights over those intelligent enough to know who he is.

Kate decorated the stationary and I wrote the letter, with some input from her, to be fair. I like to think he'll appreciate it. I even sent him that picture I drew. Which is kind of funny, if you think about it... sending someone a picture of themselves.... I'm also pretty sure your typical fan mail doesn't include telling the actor to be impressed by the number of 'hellos' someone was able to squeeze onto a piece of paper, telling him that we have a crazy cat who likes to bite things, or telling him that he "inspired Kate to take up a foreign language - and inspired me to... well, jump." I think he's wise enough to appreciate, though. He seems to be the type.

Speaking of Alan Arkin and my cat. Last night I turned out my light and was walking back to my bed in the pitch black and she jumped out at me and attacked my ankles. I looked down at her and said, "We should have named you Arkin." Then I was struck with brilliance. How great would that be? Actually it's a better dog name, I think... but it would fit Suki brilliantly. Maybe she IS a dog.

I hope he does write back. You have no idea how happy that would make me.

Hrmmmmmph. My head has been hurting terribly today. Stress, too much school, sleep-deprivation, and drama on all fronts.... well not the family front, we're all good here. And I've got shin-splints. But anyway, drama, yes... ugh. One person is just driving me crazy. Actually a few people are driving me crazy. But I can deal with them... they're just silly people, and the world is full of them. One must never let silly people get one down. One must rise above.
But then one of my friends is ignoring me, and I have no idea why. That's kind of annoying too. See, when someone ignores me, I suddenly feel the need to ignore THEM - I mean, I wouldn't want to come off as needy and go out and seek THEIR attention... that'd just be silly. It's this horrible pride issue, I think... anyway. It's weird.

Recently I've been obsessed with the idea of throwing things. Not out of anger or rage. Just because it sounds like the thing to do. I'll be sitting at my desk feeling stressed and unhappy with the way my math homework is turning out, and I look at my coffee mug and think how nice it would feel to pelt it at the wall across the room.

.... I think I have issues.

Anyway. It's dinner time, so I suppose I'd better be limping off now. Tomorrow is a long day - school and speech and silliness and whatnot. But you know what? I've made it so far. I can conquer another lousy Thursday. Piece of cake.

...right?

Right.

(That's another thing... I talk to myself. Gah.)

We humans are bizarre sorts of creatures. We either have to feel great about ourselves or terrible about ourselves, depending on if we want to give sympathy or receive it. Thus, we're on top of the world at one moment, and crushed beneath it the next. But somehow we keep going. The sun always comes back, shadows sink away, and after we fall, somehow we manage to get back up again. Anyway, we toddle along as best we can... and I suppose that's good enough for me.

No comments: