Wednesday, October 29, 2008

"Remember,

Remember, think of all that life can be;
Dream, love is only in a dream;
Remember, life is never as it seems;
Think of all that life can be..."

The other day I bought "You've Got Mail" at the thrift store for a dollar and fifty cents. I can't believe I didn't have it until just now - it's been one of my favorites for a long time. Someone gave me the soundtrack for Christmas once, and it ended up getting me through a pretty rough time, believe it or not. Only, now every time I hear Harry Nilson, I think of that rough time. It's one of those bitter sweet things.

Anyway, it makes me wish I lived in New York. Or at least, it makes me want to be Meg Ryan in New York, with a quirky bookstore and a million people who are always interested in what you have to say. It seems like people in places with actual weather always get more interesting story lines. London, New York... the places where the girls wear scarves and mittens and the guys wear long coats, and their cigarette smoke always looks cooler than it does in real life. People here get jipped - too hot to wear jackets, too cold to wear shorts. Either way you go, there's always a bit of discomfort in your apparel.

Today I painted for hours. I really like it, too... just, now my eyeballs hurt. Odd the way that works, isn't it? Eyeballs hurting, I mean. It's not something you think about much.

Tomorrow is another long day... I can't honestly say I'm looking forward to it. I wish I was one of those people that liked sunrises better than sunsets, but I'm not. I'm a sunset goer - what's more, a sunset goer who prefers not to think about sunrises until they're staring me in the face. And tomorrow is marching on, coming at me... and either I'm in a lethargic sort of denial, or I've completely broken into the boring life of Fall Semester 08. I'm not sure which is worse. Anyway, maybe I ought to learn to like sunrises... sooner or later, I'll have to.

My head is hurting horribly... I think I'll call it a day. Did I ever tell you how comforting the moon is? Until tomorrow...

No comments: