Thursday, December 11, 2008

Don't you just glance at the chance, why waste it?

Ah. Two finals down, one to go, and not for another five days! Ech, five days... nope, no no, not gonna start worrying about that one yet. That's art - I've got time. I'm DONE with math though!! Ahh it feels so great. Today I'm going to relax and not worry. Art can be done when I feel like it. Though I can't procrastinate too long... but anyway, not today. Today is mine.

I woke up at 6:20, and it was still pitch black. While I was getting dressed I kept stopping to look out the window... the sky is gorgeous, when it's in between that black and blue stage. And then far off you can see the edge of a rosy pink cloud. Just one, a shy little one at first.

I think I'd be happier if I were a morning person. I love mornings, when it's that early. Unfortunately, I'm an incurable night-owl. I think I could be both - a morning person and a night owl. Only, then I'd probably turn into an insomniac, and that wouldn't do anyone any favors.

Anyway, Mom took me to Laura's and Laura took me to school, since she had an early test too. I don't know how I did on that final - my guess is a B, hopefully at least a B+... hopefully hopefully, an A. Though I did find out that I am getting an A in the class, which brightened my mood towards the class quite a bit.

I finished the test in about an hour, so at 8:30 I went out and sat, leaning against a tree, in that field between the math building and the library. There was no one around. Maybe 2 or 3 people walking by, but that was pretty much it. The sky was blue with a few clouds, and it was quite nippy. So I sat there with my jacket and coffee thermos, and read poetry. It was fantastic, just sitting there and listening to morning...
Then Laura came out, and we hung out until Amelia came. Then we hung out some more... and then Amelia went off to her final, and Laura drove me home.

When I got back, there was coffee and scones. :) So now I'm left wondering what to do with myself on this lazy day... I think I know. I'm going to play piano, write, mayyybeee do some art (if I feel like it... hah! That feels wonderful to say.), and then I have speech tonight. Speech is a definite downside to today. But, you know what? I can do it. Today is mine.

No comments: