Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So if you're crazy, I don't care, you amaze me.

I really don't have much news to write about, but I figured I ought to write for lack of something better to do. And I have a certain school book that I'm anxious to run out of time for. :)

I've been doing school all day, and I'm still exactly a week behind in biology. Boy, being sick really screws you over sometimes. Remember how I'm such a good pusher and locker? I was an amateur when I first introduced that dilemma. If pushing and locking were an Olympic sport, I'd have several gold medals by now. It's really quite an art form.

I decided I love the 30's. I wish I'd been born in, say, 1910. I'd live through my favorite eras and hopefully be dead before the 70's rolled around. Yikes. That does mean I'd miss the Beatles - or anyway, be too old to attend their concerts without being looked at all weird... but still. The 20's and 30's are so amazing! And the 50's. The 40's... well they're ok too. But yeah. Also, if I'd been born in 1910, I'd have been a feminist. And that would be fantastic. Because feminists, in their true definitions, were pretty cool. Now they're just a bunch of lesbians. Which I don't really go for.

Tap is going alright. Practicing in my room is difficult, due to carpet - and the board I practice on is tiny, so I can't practice all the steps I need to. Oh well... I think I frustrate the teacher sometimes cause I don't catch on really quick when she teaches it. For some reason I can pick things up really quickly when LAURA shows me, but the teacher... not so much. Which is kind of a problem.

Iiiii... am not feeling very random today. This makes blogging far less interesting.

One thing though, since I got sick, even now that I'm better, I can't really taste things. I mean I can TASTE them, but not as well, and everything just kinda tastes bland and the same. It's strange. And depressing.

AND! And Dad's coffee officially sucks. Only don't tell him I said that, he'd be depressed. I just.. blahhhhhh. I mean the stuff is nigh undrinkable! He doesn't let me make it though, I don't know why... but he mixes the blends and makes it all weak and nasty. This is a major problem when you're used to having about 3 cups a day. I haven't even had 1 full cup of this rotten stuff. I refuse.

I've been drawing a lot recently. The drawing class if fun cause I'm with Laura, Amelia and Noah - aside from that, the atmosphere is somewhat lacking. The whole class is really quiet, the class room is kinda freaky, and we sit on these horrible things called "drawing horses" for 3 hours, and boy does your butt get sore... I liked Color and Design much better. Ah well...

Last night I drew a self portrait - a real one, not taken from a photo. Surprisingly, I did it without having to erase! It's stylized, of course, simplified, y'know. And I don't think it really looks much like me, but Kate does.. anyway, I think it's a good drawing though. Well proportioned and all that. It's pretty much life sized too.

I also drew Suki. The bum.

I wish I could write... but I don't have much time to get into writing stories. I have a story I started, and I like it a lot, but now that I'm 30 pages in I'm losing steam. That makes me very sad. Middles are always insufferable to write.

Insufferable.. insufferable man! Pride and Prejudice. Valentines Day! I'm having Laura and Amelia over for Valentines Day and we're gonna watch it. :) That makes me so happy!

Guess in the next crazy few weeks I'll look forward to that. Anyywhooo... I should go read. I have about 13 chapters of "Red badge of courage" to read before Friday, which wouldn't be so bad if I weren't at school until like 8 tomorrow... blah.

I'm hungry. Why is there never any good food around here? They do it on purpose. Same with the coffee... it's all a conspiracy!

No comments: