Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"I had a blue dream about a blue star...

In it I drove there in my blue car.
And when I got there, I met a blue dog
with a blue tongue, we had some real fun.
We bounced a blue ball. It broke a blue glass.
We banged on blue drums and called it bluegrass.
Guess the thing I'm trying to tell you,
is that it’s best, kid, if you're true blue."

That is seriously my favorite song right now. Only I've played it about 1666654 times today so it got a little old. Anyyywayyyy, ugh. I don't feel good today - I think I'm getting sick! My throat is all scratchy today, which is NOT good, because tomorrow at 9 o'clock I'm leaving for 3 days to a speech tournament. YIKES... I'm nervous. OR at least, I should be. I always go through this - scared at first of how cool I am with it, so then I think that I SHOULD be nervous, so then I make myself nervous, and then it's no good.

We're staying with Gramma and Papa, which is an improvement to last year - when Mom and I just drove there and back every day. The annoying thing is that I can't pack yet, cause everything I'd pack, I'd need tomorrow for getting ready. Bah.

I really shouldn't be nervous - I always do just fine at these. Never GREAT, cause I've never broken to the next round... but y'know, I've never forgotten a line or something. *knock on wood*

I just hope I feel better tomorrow.

Yesterday was the first day back at vc. It wasn't anything really interesting in the classes, just orientations... I'm just doing drawing and tap, so nothing hardcore. Though tap does look kind of scary, just because I'm one of the only people who has no idea what I'm doing - and drawing looks fun and like I'll learn alot... just, it's a LOT of supplies to buy! And I don't have money. Blech.

Anyway, I should be doing something else... I'm sick of computers today... just wanted to give a quick report on the happenings. Aka, not much. Pray for me this weekend (Thursday-Saturday, anyway) because I will be under a lot of stress (self-induced, of course) and just pray that I'll feel ok and do even better than ok, if you think about it. :) Thanks...

And I'll be back Saturday. Ta!

No comments: